Thursday, September 18, 2008

All I Want Is You

For of those who don't know, my favorite band still alive and kicking has to be U2.

Most of you may have never heard much of their music, which still astounds me. It would be like someone my age never hearing of the Beatles when they were in High School.

If you want to listen to a band that has influenced more of the popular music today than anyone else....I encourage you to dig into their vault.

Here is one of my favorite live takes from them. This was from a tribute show in Dublin for the victims of the Omagh bombing in 1998.

Comments on this one won't count as your "official" comment but feel free to discuss!

2 comments:

g.i.joe nathan said...

how can people not know U2??
thats insane....U2 is awesome

JeremyTow01 said...

"Love is a temple, love a higher law."

I don't think their music gets enough credit either. Compared to other successful bands, they are on another plane. They put out massively acclaimed albums in the 80's, 90's and at the very turn of the century. I am mostly partial to the Joshua Tree period, however I'd like to hear more of their earlier stuff.